Zotero stopps working when I have several tabs open or I want to leave a note on a reference

Error report number: 2045729297
  • When I have several tabs open or when I try to make a note I can no longer add references to my library. The panel on the right remains on the note I wrote and I cannot see reference information when I click on a new reference. I can still open the references in my browser though. Also, if I open pages in a new window I can add the reference to zotero. I would rather not have to open a new window everytime I need to save a reference.
  • That's not a general issue - try disabling all other add-ons (for troubleshooting - you can enable them again afterwards), themes etc. and see if the issue still persists.
  • [JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIDOMWindow.outerHeight]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/progressWindow.js" line: 300}]
    We've seen this before, but we don't know what causes it. Let us know if disabling other extensions/themes helps. If not, you might also try closing Firefox, deleting localstore.rdf in the Firefox profile directory, and restarting Firefox—that file stores your window settings and will be recreated automatically.