Error when dragging and dropping a collection from Personal Library to Group Library

I am using Zotero 3.0 standalone with google chrome on a Mac OS X 10.7.2.

I was able to successfully drag and drop a collection from my personal library to a group library. I tried to drag and drop a second collection, and received this error message:

JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80630003 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_CONSTRAINT) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]" nsresult: "0x80630003 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_CONSTRAINT)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/collection.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 725" data: no] [ERROR: insert on table "collectionItems" violates foreign key constraint "fki_collectionItems_itemID_sourceItemID" (15,108,27)]' when calling method: [nsITreeView::drop]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

and this error number: 792923924.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Thanks.
  • Can you reproduce this after restarting Zotero?

If so, check your database integrity in the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences.

If that passes, restart Zotero again and provide a Debug ID that covers both drags.
  • I restarted Zotero and reproduced these two drags. The database integrity check passed. I restarted Zotero again, and redid both drags again. The Debug ID is D1709783362.
  • Even though the DB integrity check passed, I'd recommend trying the DB Repair Tool anyway. It may not work, but if not it should give us more info to fix this. Let us know either way.
  • I've run the DB repair tool (twice). It did not work, but here is the Upload ID 4fdf67c031c6f.
  • OK, this happens if you have a collection in library A that contains a standalone note (or attachment, probably) that has previously been copied to or from library B but exists as a child item in library B, and then you try to drag the collection from library A to library B. Zotero tries to use the existing item in library B instead of creating a new copy, but since that item is a child item and child items can't exist directly in collections, an error occurs.

We'll work on a fix. In the meantime, delete the empty standalone note in the collection you're trying to drag and empty the trash, and then repeat the drag.
  • Thanks Dan, that worked.

-Tamar