Pages in bibliography

There is a formatting error in the bibliography APSA style in the Norwegian edition.
When you add pages to the an article in is format as "., p. 3–21." In Norwegian is should have be "., s. 3–21." So "p" for page should have be changed with "s" for sider.

Full example:
DiMaggio, P. J. 1988. «Interest and Agency in Institutional Theory». I Institutional patterns and organizations. Culture and Enviroment., red. L. G. Zucker. Cambridge: Mas.: Ballinger., p. 3–21.

Per
  • One more thing. All authers are supposed to be listed in the APSA bibliography.

Christensen, T. mfl. 2004. Organisasjonsteori for offentlig sektor: instrument, kultur, myte. Oslo: Universitetsforlaget.
  • There is also an error when adding dates for view of internet sources: "(Åpnet april 23, 2012)". In Norwegian it should be like this:(Åpnet: 23 april 2012).
  • I made some changes to the APSA style to address your issues. Let us know if that helped. You can reinstall the style from the style repository.
  • Great! Thanks a lot. Pages and authors are now correct. Dates are still displayed as in English.

For example: (april 23, 2012).
    Correct would have been (23. april 2012), or preferably (Åpnet: 23. april, 2012).

I still hope it would be possible to add a version of APSA with less disambiguation! Don't look right to have first names in text citations (C. Scott 2003)

All the best
    Per
  • The CSL style links to http://www.ipsonet.org/data/files/APSAStyleManual2006.pdf as the style manual. On page 18 (19 in the PDF), it says: "If two or more authors have the same last name, a first initial should be used to distinguish between them:
    (B. Ripley 1988; R. Ripley 1964)".

As for the dates, I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you, especially if you now get the page label localized as "s." instead of "p.". Can you look up which locale you're using? See http://www.zotero.org/support/supported_languages (I'm interested in the values of extensions.zotero.export.bibliographyLocale and general.useragent.locale)
  • @Rintze - I suspect that APSA in practice uses a less rigorous disambiguation.
    It's odd that they don't use the minimal version used in Chicago (as the style is based on CMoS) - but from what I see disambiguation (at least in the flagship APSR journal) looks more like APA's "primary-author" than the general version currently used. (E.g. Collier and Collier 1991 is cited w/o initials).
  • @adamsmith, can you confirm that APSA doesn't use et-al abbreviation in the bibliography? I made the change because I couldn't find any reference to it in the manual (in-text et-al abbrevation is discussed).
  • I'm not sure - I've found up to four authors w/o et al in recent editions, but I've also seen et al used in APSR until at least 2006. I'll track this down somehow.