drag pdf to gmail

Hi, I wonder if you are supposed to be able to drag a pdf from zotero to the attached files box in gmail. When I do that, the "drop files here" box is visible in gmail, but nothing gets attached. It would be nice to have this to send refs to people w/o zotero.

Firefox 9.0.1
Zotero 3.0.3
Ubuntu 11.10

thanks,
bjorn
  • No, that's never worked. Can we make it work? Not sure.
  • You can, of course, right-click and choose "Show File" and then drag from the folder. (At least, you can if "Show File" works for you. I think I fixed that on Linux in 3.0, though your mileage may vary.)
  • show file works in a standard Ubuntu 11.10 install, yes.
  • Hi,
    I normally use the "show file" workaround, just though that it should work more seamlessly, since it is always inside FF.
    /bjorn
  • Agreed. I've created an issue to track this.
  • Is the patch working on current versions? Or has this functionality been incorporated in some other way? I'd love to be able to drag and attach files to gmail
  • that's not a patch, it's just a ticket for a feature that's generally planned. As you can see it's still open, i.e. hasn't been implemented.
  • oh sorry, didn't scroll down on that page - there is a patch there, but I don't believe that ever made it into a pull request so the answer is the same - no, it hasn't been implemented.
  • Sorry, I was referring to the patch posted in the comments at the github issue tracker
  • I see, will try to experiment with it and come back with comments. thanks
  • I create a pull request:
    https://github.com/zotero/zotero/issues/465
  • Under what conditions does this not work? It works for me whether I am dragging from the Zotero Firefox pane to gmail in Firefox or from Zotero Standalone to gmail in Firefox, Chrome, or IE. No patches installed.
  • Maybe the issue is present on Linux based (in normal condition) operating system. I am using Fedora.