Mac Office 2008 compatability

I am unable to get cite while you write to work with word 2008 for Macintosh. I can install the toolbar but when I click on the buttons nothing happens.
  • Microsoft removed Visual Basic for Applications support in Office 2008 for Mac. We have plans to migrate the plugin away from VBA, but it will take some time.
  • Is there still no solution for mac word 2008?
  • Here is where they are discussing that:

https://www.zotero.org/trac/ticket/698

Sadly, it looks like we're some time away...
  • I'm just starting my first academic job and the computer they gave me came with Word 2008--ditto the computers all around campus. ITS, here at least, seems to be completely over Word 2004...

It made me wonder about the status of the new plug-in: what´s the haps?

s
  • ITS, here at least, seems to be completely over Word 2004...
    You should ask them why that's the case, given that MS has removed VBA.

Alternately, can you not install other applications yourself? You might want to give OpenOffice a try ;-)
  • We're testing our Word 2008 and new OpenOffice.org plugins now in preparation for general release. They require Zotero 1.5, however, so we're still a couple of weeks away. Rest assured that they're both working extremely well. Thanks for your patience.
  • Sean, any word on when the Word 2008 plugin will be out?
  • Have there been any advanced made in the past seven weeks? I've gone back to my MacBook which only has Office 2008, after having used zotero on a pc for some time. I'm anxious to see the new plug in to save a lot of work reformatting.
  • An alpha release of the Word 2008 plugin is now available. It requires 1.5 Sync Preview 3.2 or later. Documents used with the new plugin will no longer be usable with Zotero 1.0 releases.
  • edited November 6, 2008
    I've just installed both Zotero Sync Preview 1.5 and the 2008 word plug-in. I could find the Applescript menu but nothing happens when trying to insert a citation. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some documentation online about it?

I'm on OSX 10.4.11 using Word 2008.
  • MacBryce: Run these commands in Terminal and post the output to that thread.
This discussion has been closed.