Word 2.1 Plugin for Firefox 7

Hello,
I downloaded Firefox 7, but there is no word plugin for zotero that is compatible.

Will there be a fix for this soon?

Ian
  • All word processor plugins are marked as compatible with Firefox 7. Make sure you have add-on update checking enabled in Firefox.

If you still have trouble, please provide the exact error message you're getting.
  • Add-on updates are checked.
    I am actually going directly to the Zotero website and trying to download the "Word for Windows Plugin for Zotero 2.1 (Firefox extension)." I am getting the following error: " Zotero WinWord Integration could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 7.0.1"

Thoughts?
  • edited October 31, 2011
    Something's wrong in your Firefox installation, then. That XPI points to the update manifest on the server, which is marked as compatible up to Firefox 8. As long as Firefox add-on update checking is enabled, Firefox checks with the server at installation time to get updated compatibility information.

You can test it in a new Firefox profile. Assuming that works you'll be able to transfer your Firefox data and Zotero data over.
  • Your quick replies are much appreciated as I have a book chapter deadline looming.

I am still not clear what the solution to this problem is. I did get a notification at the time of updating to Firefox 7.0.1 that the zotero plug in was not compatible. I went ahead as in the past, updates to the plugin have been prompt. But if this is a problem with Firefox, how can I fix it?
  • I said: try in a new Firefox profile. Follow my link above for instructions.
  • This has been an issue before. During the install, the plugin looks for an update.rdf online, which has the information on compatibility.
    (If that doesn't work for some reason, it looks in the install.rdf, which is in the .xpi and is only marked up to 6.0.)

This really should work correctly for a functioning FF installation, so do try Dan's suggestion and a new profile.
    Alternatively, you can just override the compatibility checking using this add-on:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/
    since the plugin really is FF7 (and 8) compatible that will work fine.
  • Deleting the extensions.* files in your current Firefox profile directory and restarting Firefox might also convince Firefox to start checking compatibility information again. No guarantee, though. (Those files will be regenerated when Firefox restarts.)