Word processor plugins - features for new and old style

I like the new insertion options for citations going into a document, and I'm glad that we can still use the traditional style as browsing a collection can be helpful when placing citations. That said, there are some things that the old and new versions alike are missing.

Old style:
Insert Citation (multiple view): The selected refs list should be horizontally resizable, and should have the option to show the author and date. Currently it says "Mechanical prope..." and "The use of quantit..." for the first and second article in the citation I have selected, but since the document was emailed to me (I didn't put in the refs myself) I don't know what author or year they are and it makes them hard to find in the library. It would be nice to have the option to add or remove data fields in the selected sources pane.

Edit Bibliography: The unselected refs pane (left) does not have the option to view more than just the title and creator. It would be nice to have the option to view year, journal, etc in this pane. The selected refs (right) should have the same functionality as I talked about in the Insert Citation window. It would be nice to have the option to add or remove data fields in the unselected and selected sources panes.

New style:
Insert Citation: When I click on a citation bubble in the list, it should give me information on the citation so I know what I'm looking at. For example, I have one author who published two good papers in the same year, so the bubbles read "Lotz et al., 1990" and "Lotz et al., 1990". But which one is which? I had to delete and reinsert both. It would be nice to be able to click on the bubble and get the currently available options, plus additional meta data.

Thanks for such an awesome software package and being so open to suggestions and constructive criticism. You guys rock!

Seth