Versio 3.01b Add Item by Identifier

The "Add Item by Identifier" drop down box enables inout of ISBN, etc. number, but there is no "OK" or "Seach" button to activate the search. This applies to both on-line and standalone versions.
  • Confirmed.
  • You just press Return/Enter.
  • edited August 24, 2011
    Not for me. Nothing happens (I hadn't clarified if this was a MLZ bug, so I was holding off on reporting as I went code-diving. It still might be an MLZ bug.)
  • We should probably add a progress indicator, at least, to let people know that something is happening.
  • I can confirm this isn't working (Linux, FF 3.6.20).
    Looks like there might be something useful in this debug:
    The Debug ID is D419171400
  • It looks like there was an issue with creating hidden browsers on FF 3.6, but we've fixed this.
  • Pressing Return/Enter does not work for me. I am using FF 6.0, (for Windows 7.0) which is the very latest version.
  • Provide a report ID after re-triggering the issue.
  • Report ID: 1243508927 (using Zotero online version)

Zotero version: 3.0b1 for both online and Standalone version.
    Operating System; Windows 7.0 SP1.
    Firefox Version: 6.0

The same problem appears with both Zotero versions but no error appears in the Error Report Wizard when using Zotero Standalone version.
  • What a Fool I am!! My excuse is that I am just new to Zotero and am still learning.

I have just discovered that the details for the ISBN Identifier was downloaded after all, and was located in the Unfiled Items. I was expecting to find it in the New Collection Folder which I created yesterday.

What fooled me was that there was there were no "OK" or "Seach" button to activate the search, and there was no indication that the details had been found and downloaded.

I hang my head in shame, but would like to thank you all for your prompt responses. I am very happy with this progran and so far I am finding it extremely usefull.
  • No worries. Just for reference, items end up in the collection you have currently open. If you have no collection selected, they end up under "My Library" and consequently also under "Unfiled items".
  • Thanks for the advice, Mark. I had not noticed that before.
  • berend: You weren't wrong at all. There was a bug in 3.0b1 that prevented Zotero from saving items added by identifier to the currently selected collection. It'll be fixed in 3.0b2.
  • There seems to be a more fundamental problem with adding items by identifier in version 3.0b2. When I have a source document (usually a pdf) with a doi, I copy the doi to the Windows clipboard, then open the "add item by identifier" box in Zotero and right click in the box. One of the choices is now Paste, but when I select this, nothing happens, i.e., the doi on the clipboard isn't pasted into this box. I tried copying the doi from a pdf to the text editor first, then pasting it in the "add item by identifier" box, but this didn't solve the problem. This feature did work in Zotero 2.

Thanks for your advice.
  • One of the choices is now Paste, but when I select this, nothing happens
    I can reproduce this on OS X as well. Keyboard shortcuts work fine, though—use Ctrl/Cmd-V until this is fixed.