Zotero does not work with with the add on "Progress Bar on Tab 1.0"

Hi,
I just spend a couple of hours to find that out:
After upgrading to FF6, the Zotero icon disappeared from the status bar and also ctrl+alt+z did not work.

First I thought, its a FF6 issue, so I downgraded downgraded to FF5 again - same problem.
Then I removed all add ons, which possibly could interfere with the status bar - no result. After checking all my add ons, I found that activating "Progress Bar on Tab 1.0" practically removed Zotero.

That is a strange thing, since I had installed both for a while without problems, maybe Progress Bar did a kind of "silent" update or what so ever...
  • Is the Add-on Bar showing?

Firefox menu >> Options >> Add-on Bar
  • Of course, I tried all the suggestion from the forum before I checked the other add ons (e.g. deleting extensions.ini, reinstalling zotero,...).
    Anyway, even if the add-on bar would not be shown, the ctrl alt z should work, which did not. Also the "add to zotero" button in the address bar (for example at a pubmed result) did not show up.
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/no_status_bar_icon

You haven't actually said whether Zotero shows as installed.

If it doesn't, or if it does but you don't see Zotero in the Tools menu, then that's an issue with your Firefox installation and, more generally, a Firefox issue rather than a Zotero one.
  • In the add on menu, it appears as installed, but it was not possible to get to Zotero (as explained above). In my system (Vista, Firefox Portable 6.0 German) the problem is reproducible: Activating "Progress Bar" - Zotero is gone, Deactivating "Progress Bar" - Zotero appears again, independent of any other add on or even the Firefox Version (I also tried it out from my backup system with an earlier version of Firefox - same problem).

Maybe to put that straight: I don't need troubleshooting here - I just deactivated "Progress Bar on Tab 1.0". But I didn't find any information in the forum, that this add on could cause a problem - so I thought that here would be a could place to put this info (as a kind of known issue...).
  • Ah, OK. Added to the incompatible extensions list. Feel free to report this to the author of that add-on.