If I add an annotation in the snapshot mode, is it listed anywhere for me to browse?

Hi,
If I add an annotation in the snapshot mode, is it listed anywhere for me to browse? e.g I created a snap shot of a webpage, I scrolled down the page, added an annotation somewhere. Now suppose I close firefox and come back the next day, when I look at my snapshot icon, at the moment it does not show that I have added an annotation. Is there anyway to expand the snapshot and see the annotations that I wrote? If there isn't then it is likely that I'll never scroll down to that part of the webpage again and may never see my annotation again, no?
help much appreciated,
John
  • At the moment, no, but having annotations (optionally?) appear as child items is a reasonable request.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?
  • Sure, I just want some way to track where I've put comments (and also highlighted perhaps), it's a great feature to be able to annotate at the right point, I just think that I'd use the notes feature in the middle window instead if it is not possible to list the annotations.
    cheers,
    John
  • edited January 6, 2008
    I agree, annotations should appear as child items (with some way to indicate that they are different from regular notes). Then one could include individual annotations in saved searches: if one has 10 annotations on a page and only one of them matches search criteria one could see only that particular annotation in black in the list and the rest grayed out. Currently, the entire snapshot with all the annotations would be found.
  • edited December 7, 2009
    Having annotations and highlighted text as child items would be incredibly handy for me - it is a feature that would complete my workflow. I am using Zotero with the VUE plugin and if annotations and highlighted text were child items I would be able to arrange and edit them on VUEs concept map. They would also (optionally?) show up in the reports.

I noticed these tickets #665 and #612, which suggest it has been looked at, but has there been any movement on this recently or is it a low priority.

Ps. Thanks for all the hard work that has gone into this project. The research for my final year project would be all over the place if it wasn't for Zotero.