Cannot Enter Citations Open Office - NullPointerException Error

I am not able to enter a new citation into either an old or new Open Office Document. Every time I try, I get a NullPointerException error. The farthest I can get in the process is to where I am asked what style of citations I would like to use. If it even gets that far, immediately after I click on Chicago w/notes or whatever, it gives me the error. Tried everything I know how to, including looking at suggestions from past comments in this forum.
  • Have also reinstalled the plug-in. Most previous comments suggest that this is a debugging a broken document program, but note that I can't get the thing to work even in a *new* document.
  • can you create an error report ID from inside Zotero after triggering the error?
  • Here's the error report ID I can generate, but it doesn't use the NullPointerException language I'm getting, so I don't know if it's the correct one: 1336895831
  • also - which version of Open Office which operating system, which version of the Zotero Ooo plugin?
  • Latest version of firefox, latest version of open office. 2.1 Plugin. Only started using all of this about a month ago and it was working just fine until I tried this morning (been about six days since I used previously).
  • please provide actual version numbers.
  • OO 3.3.0 FF 4.0.1
  • See now that FF released new version earlier this week. Will updating to it hurt or help wrt Zotero. Important as am in final stages of dissertation push!
  • Also, Zotero OO integration 3.5a1
  • That's not the latest version of the OO plugin.
  • okay, will see what went wrong. Just updated the plug-in this morning after we started having trouble.
  • Updated from where? The latest version of the OO plugin available from zotero.org has been 3.5a2 for a few days.
  • updated it from zotero.org, and just did it again. However, the OO extension window still shows 3.5a1
  • But you have the 3.5a2 extension in Firefox? If so, reinstall the OO extension from the Cite pane of the Zotero preferences and restart OpenOffice.
  • Thanks a ton! Went there and it said the extension was not actually installed. Gave me an option to install it and now it works. Whew!