Slow

Zotero is a fantastic software. I wish I discovered it earlier. However, since yesterday it started to be very very slow when I make any changes in my library. I have had to force quit firefox tens of times because it was taking forever to register any change. Eventually I decided to uninstall and reinstall firefox and update zotero. The issues are still there. I use Macbook pro 8gb ram. I have generated this error ID:1686700366. Any help will be appreciated. However, it is an excellent software. Thank you very much.
  • edited June 2, 2011
    There are many threads about that: http://www.zotero.org/search/#forums/slow
    That might help you!
  • Sorry for a long text, but it is not intentional, as I want to show the problem I am facing with my reference. I use Harvard. However, there seems to be inconsistency when I cite within my document as shown below. Some cite with initials while others do not. My supervisor has asked me to be consistent. Is there any thing I can do? Please help.

School-based HIV/Aids education has been identifies as an essential tool, not only for reducing new infections (K. Mkumbo et al. 2009, p.28) among young people but also for reducing stigma and discrimination towards HIV/Aids victims within communities (Aggleton 2009), (K. A. K. Mkumbo 2010, p.406). Studies have shown that stigmatization and discrimination of HIV/Aids victims is a common phenomenon all over the world (Altman 1999, p.560), (Ngwu 2003, p.54). Stigma and discrimination of HIV/Aids victims in Tanzania continues, even within religious communities (Zou et al. 2009, p.2), (Evans 2002, p.54),(K. A. Hartwig et al. 2006, p.493). Some of which is blamed to ‘theological rigidity’ and failure of religious communities into taking responsible actions to tackling the attitude in question (Chitando 2007, p.39).
  • You are seeing name disambiguation in action. What you need to do is to ensure that all the entries that are by same author have the first names written in exactly the same way.

You can see discussion about this feature e.g. here:

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/19570/option-to-disable-disambiguation/#Item_19

If you think that this feature should be either disabled or less sensitive, you can reply to the tread above and explain that you had problems with the feature.