Unable to citate after downloading 2.1.2 on MAC using Firefox 3.6

Hi, I downloaded Z 2.1.2 and subsequently cannot citate in word. It results in the word document crashing. I have tried to go back to the earlier version of Zotero but I continually get a message to update to 2.1.2. Hence, can someone please help me fix the citation problem with word
Thanks
  • As well as the above, Zotero will not save citation data from Pubmed into a collection in the library
  • I have also the same problem of not able to cite and also word document is crashing.this is happening after instillation of python extension 2.6.2 and Z 2.1.2. I request for helping me in this to fix the probelm
  • Can you try downloading the Zotero 2.1 Branch XPI and the MacWord Integration Trunk XPI? I think we have a fix for this, but it needs a little more testing.
  • Hi! I've the same problem! I downloaded Z 2.1.2 and subsequently cannot citate anything in word! I'm very worry cause this is happening in the middle of a very importat research work! This problem also results in the word program crashing. I understand what you're saying about the risks of using Branch and Trunk versions, but please, we don't want to face the risk of lose any important data. Not now! Is there another way out? Thank U very much!
  • If you are running Mac OS X 10.6, you can upgrade to Firefox 4, which will fix the hangs. Otherwise, you can try reverting to Zotero 2.1.1 (which may or may not help), or wait until Zotero 2.1.3 is released, which will hopefully be later today.
  • Thanks Simon! I'll wait till tomorrow to see what happens. Otherwise, I'll try the other two alternative ways (FX 4, Z 2.1.1).
  • Simon. I did it! Till now, apparently the problem is fixed! Thank U very much
  • edited April 1, 2011
    Zotero 2.1.3 is now out. It should also fix the hang. Those who were on the branch should install Zotero 2.1.3 from http://zotero.org/ and MacWord Integration 2.1.2 from the word processor plugin installation page.
This discussion has been closed.