Toolbar in OpenOffice but nothing happens

After upgrading to v2.1, and restarting both Firefox and Openoffice, I have the Zotero toolbar, but all the icons were replaced by text.

Clicking on any of the buttons on the toolbar does nothing. Citations in existing documents are still recognized as Zotero reference fields, but I can't edit or access them.

I am using Firefox v.3.6.13
OpenOffice v.3.2.1.4
Under Mandriva Linux 2010.2
  • many people have reported problems with Ooo 3.2 - if at all possible update to 3.3 or libreoffice.
  • Thanks,

I installed libreoffice 3.3 and reinstalled the Zotero add-on to firefox for libreoffice. It reported success.

I closed Openoffice and restarted both firefox and libreoffice.

Now, in Libreoffice I have the toolbar and the buttons have icons, but clicking them still does not do anything.
  • Try launching LibreOffice from the command line and clicking the Add Citation button (with Firefox running), and post the output here.
  • [brett@localhost RPMS]$ libreoffice
    ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegration: Service initialized
    ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegration: Executing addCitation
    ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegration: Comm initialized
    ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegration: Iterating mainLoop
    ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegration: Sending message "addCitation"
    ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegration: Iterating mainLoop
  • Can you provide a report ID from Firefox? We may also need a debug ID.
  • The report ID is: 954737437

The debug ID is: D100194729
  • There's nothing useful in either of those. You may need to close Firefox, enable debug logging, click the Add Citation button in LibreOffice, and then generate the debug and report IDs. Alternatively, it's possible that nothing is showing up in Firefox at all, but that really shouldn't happen.
  • report id: 1518047292
    debug ID: D1981411552

Upon restarting firefox (and Libreoffice), clicking insert citation (or any of the other buttons in the Zotero toolbar) did not log any changes in the debug panel....The lines in that debug file were appended after I requested to view the report and then when I submitted.

It didn't appear that any additional text was appended to the report panel either....

I am running java 1.6 from Sun if that matters.
  • Can you try restarting your computer? It looks like LibreOffice is successfully connecting to a port, so Firefox should register something. If that doesn't work, try disabling your non-Zotero Firefox extensions.
  • Thanks, that appears to have worked!
This discussion has been closed.