broken apostrophe in Word with 2.1b7

I'm using Word 2007. After upgrading to the 2.1b7 beta (mainly for improved display of chemical formulas), all of the apostrophes in my bibliography are now broken. ` works, but ' produces a box. What happened?
  • that's unlikely to fix it, but you should upgrade to the newest version of Zotero (2.1rc1)
  • Sorry, I was wrong on version #. 2.1rc1 is indeed what I'm using.
  • edited March 9, 2011
    I don't have Word 2007 handy, but I can confirm this. The processor is delivering the character U+02bc in this case, but the recommended character for apostrophe is U+2019.

I'll check in a fix to the processor, which should become available soon if I make it in time for the next release candidate.
  • Fast service for you today. Zotero 2.1rc2 is out. If you update Zotero, you should find that this problem has gone away.
  • fbennett -- Thank you for solving the problem mentioned above. I raised the matter about a month back when I pointed out that apostrophes in article titles were being converted to a tiny bird, and it seemed independent of the word-processor, or the version of the word-processor, I was using. Well, you have resolves the matter. Again, many thanks.
  • fbennett -- I should have mentioned this in my previous message. Can you fix the standalone version of Zotero? It suffers from the same problem. Thanks in advance.
  • This will also be fixed in the next standalone release.
  • Thanks for the response! I've just updated to rc2 and am happy to see the problem is indeed fixed. However, I hadn't noticed that " wasn't working either, and it's still broken, outputting \uc0\u8220 {}instead. Probably a similar bug?
  • In my understanding, there is nothing wrong with that output. \uc0\u8220{} is what the processor outputs under the hood for a right-quote character in RTF, and the word processor should render it as such. If that's not happening, let's take a closer look.
  • @suki: I see now that this is a genuine error. It will be remedied soon, but please see this other thread for further information.