Does Zotero 2.0.9 work with the Vue Plugin "Export from Zotero to Tufts Vue 1.0" plugin/extension?

I cannot get Zotero to "Send to Vue" or "Send to Vue and Map" when I right click on a collection or subcollection and release. I've re-installed. Both Zotero and the Vue plugin are shown as installed and enabled under extensions in Firefox 3.6.10 running on Windows Vista.

I used to be able to send Zotero collections to Vue with no problems.
  • I also cannot get my "Export from Zotero To Tufts VUE1.0" plugin working. I've tried Firefox 3.6.1 and 4.0. The closest I came to getting it working was after hacking the install.rdf file and forcing it not to complain about version 4.0 of Firefox. Nevertheless, selecting Settings ==> Start VUE does not start up the applet.

Versions I'm working with:
    Firefox 4.0
    Zotero3.0a1.r8887
    Export from Zotero To Tufts VUE1.0 (with an amended install.rdf file to accept 4.0 Firefox)
    Zotero WinWord Integration3.1
    VUE standalone application 3.1.1

The error I see in zotero event log:
    [JavaScript Error: "VUEExport.dispose is not a function" {file: "chrome://vueexport/content/overlay.xul" line: 179}]

I submitted error report 569465998

Can you help? I really love both of these tools!
  • I second, third, and fourth that thought (see bigbird7821's entry above, and my previous comments). I'm writing my MA thesis on usability of a taxonomy-driven intranet. A renewed VUE plug-in would be extremely valuable for my work.

Zotero and Vue working together is (was) a wonderful concept, I hope it can rise from the ashes once more!!

I'd like to help form a lobbying group to inspire the Zotero people and the Vue people to re-start this worthy project!
  • I think a lobbying group is the wrong approach. I'd recommend a coding group...
  • There should be grant money available for this worthy project... :)
  • but to clarify - the VUE plugin has always been maintained by the Tufts people, so if it doesn't work you should get in touch with them - Zotero doesn't have any capacity to fix or maintain third party plugins.
  • Most Zotero plugins need to be updated to work with Zotero 2.1. My understanding is that it usually doesn't take much, but it looks like the Tufts people may not be in much hurry to fix this.

Interested developers from Tufts or elsewhere should feel welcome to post to zotero-dev (http://groups.google.com/group/zotero-dev/) for help updating for Zotero 2.1.