OO extension does not import

When trying to import the OO extension in OO writer, I get:

(com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException){{Message="python-loader"exception.ImportError; No module names os, traceback follows\X000aCouldn't import traceback module", Context=(som.sun.star.uno.XInterface)@0}}

If I say O.K. nevertheless, I get the OO toolbar but is not enabled. When I try to enable than I get another error message (no surprise in getting an error message, I just wanted to try) which very similar but it refers to pythonloader: Couldn't find element pythonloader.Loader".

OpenOffice 2.3.0, Operating system Windows XP SP2; the Zotero.oxt is what I downloaded about half an hour ago...
  • I've encountered this and managed to find a solution. Uninstall the extension. Check that it really has gone. Mine was stored here, I guess yours will be too

C:\Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\OpenOffice.org2\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\2C.tmp_

Then you need to log off. Then log in again, try to reinstall it. It should be fine.

There is a discussion of this error here
    http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?p=112346

Hope that helps, Jon.
  • Hm. Well, I tried. I removed everything under the uno_packages; but I get exactly the same error with the import. (could not import traceback module). When I want to enable the extension manually, I get the other one...

Does it count? I have Python installed on my machine (that I use regularly) with its own PYTHONPATH set. It is version 2.4.4; I can import the traceback module without problems there...
  • Same disheartening difficulty here. I uninstalled Zotero, deleted the uno_package, restarted the PC, installed the Zotero extension. Same error message as before: could not import traceback module. I have the Python bridge installed and repaired OOo to be sure about this.

Frustrating.
    Lots of citations that are unaccessible.
    Never change a running system (even if you remain in the 19th century ? maybe not).

Any help appreciated
    ft
  • You may have more luck in the OOo forums. As far as we know, this has nothing to do with Zotero (though if there's anything we can do in the packaging or in ZoteroRPC.py to prevent this, we'd certainly want to know).
  • Jon Rubin's solution worked for me.
  • I tried the OOo forums but have not yet found a solution.

Jon Rubin -
    What did you mean with logging off (see last sentence) ?

begin citation:
    I've encountered this and managed to find a solution. Uninstall the extension. Check that it really has gone. Mine was stored here, I guess yours will be too
    C:\Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\OpenOffice.org2\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\2C.tmp_
    Then you need to log off. Then log in again, try to reinstall it. It should be fine.
    end citation

- ft
  • I use Windows XP, so when you hit the Start button you get the two options of "Log Off" and "Turn off Computer" . Don't know for sure if this is necessary. I suspect the important thing is to make sure that you've deleted it from your
    C:\Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\OpenOffice.org2\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\...
    folder

Hope that helps, Jon.