new openoffice extension crashes firefox

Well the title says it all really. I'd installed RC04 on a Windows XP system.
I've had some other problems, I'll list them separately. I installed the new openoffice extension. Inserted a reference, tried to edit it and firefox crashed.
I've included the report id below. I'm going to revert to the old extension though the new features, when they work look great.

• What versions of the plugin and Zotero are you using. Are you using Zotero 1.0.0rc4 and the 1.0b1 version of the plugin?
  • yup - hence the new problems
  • I also have this problem, running firefox 2.0.0.7, zotero 1.0.0rc5. ooo 2.2.0, and the latest ooo plugin (no idea how to determine the vesion for this).

"edit citation" causes firefox to crash. On restart of firefox there is an error message from zotero (i've submitted the log file, but forgot to copy the report id!!!). This error message was appearing after I upgraded zotero, but it went away after I used the database repair utility on the zotero website.
  • Thanks for that tip. I used the database repair tool and that seems to have fixed the crashing problem - but can only edit the first citation now. Sigh, baby steps!
    Keep up the great work
    Thanks,
    Jon.
  • Please, check this:
    "Edit citation causes firefox to crash. This happens when Zotero I have selected some of the collections. This does not happen when I Zotero selected in the main library"
  • edited October 20, 2007
    Yes I can confirm that this is true. Looks like editing citations still crashes Firefox unless you have My Library (and not a different collection) selected in Zotero.

Still have the problem that it doesn't matter which citation I try to edit, it only changes the first citation.

Zotero 1.0.0rc5 openoffice 2.3 extension 1.0b1 Windows XP
  • OK, I can reproduce this on XP and OS X. It's a treeview bug in Firefox—we've run into it before (or a similar bug, at least). We'll see what we can do.
  • edited October 20, 2007
    I can confirm that selecting the "My Library" stops firefox crashing. I can then select the correct library in the dialog without problems. However, only the first citation gets edited.

I have reverted back to 2.0.0.5 of firefox, and at least that stops the 80004005 error message from appearing. Having trouble going to 2.0.0.8 but will test on that when I can.

PS: new word processor integration features look great.
  • OK, I think I've fixed this in the latest dev build. Thanks.