Importing from Endnote: Warning: Unresponsive script

I followed all the directions to import my files from Endnote 7.0 (converted it to RIS, made sure there was two spaces between the tag and the dash, etc.). However, I keep getting the same message: Warning: Unresponsive script. A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding...I've tried to "Continue" but I always get the same message.

What should I do next?
  • Go to about:config in the location bar and set dom.max_chrome_script_run_time to 0 to disable that warning.

Generally, Zotero temporarily sets it to 0 before long operations and resets it afterward, but there may be places where it doesn't do that that still cause the message to appear on some systems.
  • This might be a dumb question but where exactly is the location bar you are talking about?
  • The bar where you see and type web addresses like http://www.zotero.org.
  • just for future reference...to reconfigure the extension, you need to go to Tools>Add-Ons. it's not on the location bar, i think that's why i was confused. perhaps it's a Mac thing?
  • i disabled the extension, but the warning still comes up...
  • Not sure what you mean here. The dom.max_chrome_script_run_time setting, which is what determines whether and after how many seconds the unresponsive script warning appears, has nothing to do with any particular add-on. It's a global setting in about:config, which you get to by typing about:config into the location/URL bar.

You can disable Zotero itself in Tools->Add-ons, but I assumed your goal was to import your RIS file without the warning popping up repeatedly, which you can do by setting dom.max_chrome_script_run_time to 0 in about:config.
This discussion has been closed.