bibliography differences when RTF or clipboard Word used

I noticed that the generated bibliography was different when created through an RTF file or through the clipboard copy, then copied in Word.

1/ I use the
<option name="hanging-indent" value="true"/>

The result in RTF is OK, but with clipboard-Word, the indent is not correct (the first line-indent is "negative", instead of having it null, and the other lines "positively indented")

2/ I have written a citation style, which has "capitalize-first" for the edition item, as follows :
<text variable="edition" text-case="capitalize-first" />

If the edition item contains a non-capitalized part, the "clipboard-Word" transforms it correctly, but RTF leaves it as it has been entered.

Maybe there are other differences I have not noticed yet?

Is it normal? I'd like to know what are all the differences so as to get the right results.

Thanks for telling me where I can find this information
  • 1/ "capitalize-first":

I went on making some tests about this problem and found out that the "capitalizing" in creating RTF file was depending on the character itself.

It's effective for ordinary letters, but not for the accentuated letters.

Example : If the first letter is "t", it becomes "T", but if it's "é" it is not transformed in "É" as it should be, it remains "é".

2/ As for the Word alignment, isn't it a way to modify it (parameter to code in the style?)
  • After writing this post I found out that another post was related to this problem:

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/9846/incorrect-margins-when-dragging-reference-to-word-2007-from-zotero-10/#Item_23

I went on testing and I can tell that the command "display=block" doesn't insert "new line" signs within a Word text (in opposition with RTF which inserts "new line" signs around the block), but "paragraph" signs, whose effects are very different, and not convenient for the bibliography, for it creates disruptions in the list.

The "normal" Zotero bibliography list pasted to Word is formed of a series of paragraphs (one for each item), separated by just one "paragraph" sign. The interline height depends on the "entry-spacing" number and affects the paragraph parameters. So inserting "paragraph" signs inside one item has bad onsequences.

With RTF, the "entry-spacing" number leads to get as many paragraph signs after each item.

So the main cause comes from communication problems between Zotero and Word.

Is there any hope that these problems will be solved in a near future?