odd bug modifying item

Set-up:
Ubuntu 10.04, FF 3.6.8, Zt. 2.0.3 with pdftotext and pdfinfo uninstalled

Steps to reproduce:
1. Perform quick search for an author
2. Try to manually modify the author of any of the search results (e.g. add a missing letter)
--> Firefox freezes and has to be force quit.
3. After force quitting and restarting Firefox the change does show up

The same item can be modified without any problems when I don't do that in the quick search results.

Below the real-time debug output - Zotero seems to throw FF into an endless loop.

zotero(5): SELECT IA.itemID FROM itemAttachments IA NATURAL JOIN items I LEFT JOIN itemData ID ON (IA.itemID=ID.itemID AND fieldID=1) LEFT JOIN itemDataValues IDV ON (ID.valueID=IDV.valueID) WHERE sourceItemID=? AND linkMode NOT IN (?) AND IA.itemID NOT IN (SELECT itemID FROM deletedItems) ORDER BY value=? DESC, mimeType='application/pdf' DESC, dateAdded ASC

zotero(5): Binding parameter 1 of type int: 16499

zotero(5): Binding parameter 2 of type int: 3

zotero(5): Binding parameter 3 of type string: "http://www.ilo.org/public/english/employment/strat/download/esp7.pdf"

zotero(5): SELECT creatorTypeID AS id, creatorType AS name FROM itemTypeCreatorTypes NATURAL JOIN creatorTypes WHERE itemTypeID=? ORDER BY primaryField=1 DESC, name

zotero(5): Binding parameter 1 of type int: 13

zotero(3): Switching lastCreatorFieldMode to 0

zotero(5): SELECT A.itemID, value AS title FROM itemAttachments A NATURAL JOIN items I LEFT JOIN itemData ID ON (fieldID=110 AND A.itemID=ID.itemID) LEFT JOIN itemDataValues IDV ON (ID.valueID=IDV.valueID) WHERE sourceItemID=? AND A.itemID NOT IN (SELECT itemID FROM deletedItems)

zotero(5): Binding parameter 1 of type int: 1647

zotero(5): SELECT N.itemID, title FROM itemNotes N NATURAL JOIN items WHERE sourceItemID=? AND N.itemID NOT IN (SELECT itemID FROM deletedItems)

zotero(5): Binding parameter 1 of type int: 1647

zotero(3): Viewing item in pane 0

zotero(3): Refreshing item box

zotero(5): SELECT IA.itemID FROM itemAttachments IA NATURAL JOIN items I LEFT JOIN itemData ID ON (IA.itemID=ID.itemID AND fieldID=1) LEFT JOIN itemDataValues IDV ON (ID.valueID=IDV.valueID) WHERE sourceItemID=? AND linkMode NOT IN (?) AND IA.itemID NOT IN (SELECT itemID FROM deletedItems) ORDER BY value=? DESC, mimeType='application/pdf' DESC, dateAdded ASC

zotero(5): Binding parameter 3 of type string: "http://www.ilo.org/public/english/employment/strat/download/esp7.pdf"

zotero(5): SELECT creatorTypeID AS id, creatorType AS name FROM itemTypeCreatorTypes NATURAL JOIN creatorTypes WHERE itemTypeID=? ORDER BY primaryField=1 DESC, name

zotero(5): Binding parameter 1 of type int: 13

zotero(3): Switching lastCreatorFieldMode to 0

zotero(3): Viewing item in pane 0

zotero(3): Refreshing item box