Batch operations

Sometimes I'd like to make a specific tag for a large group of references. At the moment - as far as I can see - Zotero doesn't provide batch-features for editing references or adding tags/memo's. Working through the references individually is no option when you are working with reference-lists of 50 or more.

In my opinion Zotero would be a lot more user-friendly if it is possible to perform actions on a selection of multiple references; there should be no limit to the number of references being edited simultaniously. I hope this feature will be incorporated, otherwise I will stick to using RefMan instead...
  • You can select multiple references and drag them onto a tag, but you are correct that Zotero doesn't currently otherwise allow batch editing of references. I'm not sure what you would accomplish by batch adding/editing notes (assuming this is what you mean by memos).
  • Thanx for your comments, Simon!

I wasn't aware of the drag&drop option. I'll see if I can find out how it works. There is still another problem, though. The removal of tags from multiple records. I 've seen posts of people who wanted to remove all tags from all of their records. There was no (easy) way to do that. Or do you know the solution to this problem as wel? I'd be happy t hear about it if you do!
  • no, no easy solution for that one.
    Nor for Batch Editing - e.g. adding the same Journal Abbr. for 30 items at once.
    This latter one is definitely planned, though.