Online book images

I use a lot of books from sites like Archive.org which are actually images of the original republished on the web. Here is an example of a citation from Evidence Explained by Elizabeth Shown Mills, the "Bible" for genealogical researchers:

Samuel Rawson Gardiner, ed., Report of Cases in the Courts of Star Chamber and High Commission , (Westminister, England: For the Camden Society, 1886), 139; digital images, Google Books (htto://www.Google.com/books : accessed 26 July 2009).

The bibliography would also include the date the book was published to the web. Note that there are two "titles" both of which are italicized.

Has anyone worked with such a citation, or perhaps created one? Is it possible to create an online book image under the Chicago Style or does it require a new style?
  • Hi genealogist.

I've just installed Zotero. My first entry was about the digital version of an early 20th century work I'd accessed at Archive.org.

Do you know if there is an effort to create a Zotero-friendly style that will accommodate the methodologies in _Evidence Explained_?
  • The above is possible - it's not CMOS, so you'd have to create a separate style, but using the archive field (Google Books) as well as the URL and accessed field, a Zotero style should be able to produce this.