APA Style - number of author initials

The Zotero APA style currently seems to limit the number of initials for an author to 2. I can't find any mention in the APA style guide of such a limit, and there are examples of papers in APA journals in 2010 that have more than two. I can't find any obvious place in the csl file to tweak this, so I'm guessing it's defined in some macro somewhere. Is there a way to fix this, either generally or for myself? It bothers me since it means my name will be incorrectly cited!
Thanks, Peter J.B. Hancock
  • edited May 17, 2010
    The current Zotero CSL processor is no longer being actively maintained, so a short-term fix is unlikely.

This limitation will go away in due course, however. The test suite for the CSL processor currently being prepped for deployment in Zotero contains a fixture that produces the following formatted name string:
    O’Malley, C.D., & Saunders, J.B. de C.M.
    (Edit: fix unnecessary, as per following discussion.)
  • You might be looking at a different issue. Can you check if initials are space-delimited in your Zotero library (e.g. "Peter J. B." instead of "Peter J.B.")?
  • Aha! It was in as Peter J.B., with no space. Put it in as Peter J. B. with a space and it gives all three initials. Thank you.