Split window is incompatible add-on

if u use split window you cant use zotero i imagine their is just too much splitting or frames .,,,,whatever a frustrating 2 hrs trying to get this thing to work found
split window as the culprite....
  • You mean Split Browser? Split Browser has been on the incompatible extensions list for years.
  • Split Browser is actually called Fox Splitter now. You might want to add that to the incompatibles list.

I have not heard of split window either, but there are several of this type of addon out there. There is a new one called Tile Tabs that didn't give Zotero problems for me, but it was incompatible with at least one of my other addons, and I didn't test it with just Zotero.
  • I noticed that, but I didn't test the new version to see if it still causes problems, and nobody has reported it.

If someone reports that it does, we can update the page.
  • I just tried out Fox Splitter. The behavior is different, but it still doesn't work completely. The Zotero pane can open, but if the screen is split horizontally, then Zotero only appears in the original frame and is cut off at the right, at least on my small screen (similar to opening the FF sidebar too wide). Also, if you split to the left (adding a new frame to the left), opening Zotero makes the screen into a mess. Anyway, they seem to be getting closer to compatibility, but I didn't find it usable.

The other addon I mentioned has similar issues and worse.
  • I installed Fox Splitter last night while using zotero for my assignment and it worked fine, but this morning i went to finish my assignment and zotero won't open at all. It still gave me annoying pop-ups about moved items but wouldn't open the pane at all. I disabled the add-on and zotero was back and working fine.

Shame about that, Fox splitter is very useful and i use it all the time at work but i guess i won't be using it at home.
  • edited July 13, 2010
    I successfully used "split pannel" up to now, but this is only compatible up to Firefox 3.5, not 3.6. I also had no success with "Split Browser" aka "Fox Splitter". I have now switched to "Tile Tabs".