How to incite group admin to allow member edit

I have a problem with a group of which I am only member: the admin has not allowed the members to edit the library; doing so it is not possible to work in this library, since the only possibility is members accessing to what the admin want to make visible. This is almost completely useless.
I tried to contact the admin, sent two messages but so far no reaction. I did the same in another group with success, the admin did it, thanks to him.
But then the situation is blocked with the other group.
Now I have an option, to create and alternative group, but this is not satisfactory.

I suggest that this option be set up by default, to let group members edit the library, otherwise there is no interest in groups in my view.
Alain
  • Setting this as a default for Public and Shared groups might be sensible. Not for Private and Closed groups probably.
  • edited March 15, 2010
    This would make sense theoretically, because anyone who wants to view the library can do it online: subscribe to RSS, view, and download citations. However, the online list view is vague at best (one has to click on each reference to figure out what it is most of the time) and sorting/searching is not possible, so I've been subscribing to groups to view libraries and collect useful sources.

So down the road, I agree, members should be able to edit collections; and at the same time, the developers should add a bibliography-like view and sort/search options for online collections.
  • Absolutely. The web interface to public groups (and libraries for that matter) is virtually useless at this point. I pointed this out some time ago in another topic.
  • "So down the road, I agree, members should be able to edit collections; and at the same time, the developers should add a bibliography-like view and sort/search options for online collections."

I completely agree. Does anyone know if this is a planned update in future versions? In the very least, is there a way to hide the date added column?