Cannot enter dates of references

I installed the newest release of Zotero this morning, and I now cannot enter the dates of journal or magazine citations (I have not yet tried books)--the cursor skips right over the field and it cannot be highlighted.

Any ideas on what is wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks.
  • Yes, this slipped through into RC1, unfortunately. It only happens on Windows.

We'll be releasing a fix very soon (within a day, most likely). Advanced users can make the fix themselves by following the steps in Modifying Zotero Files. See r1617 for the patch.
  • Since this error only effects us Windows users, and the "modifying zotero files" tutorial is for a Mac, can you give me a hint where to look for this itemPane.css file on Windows?

Thanks.
  • edited August 17, 2007
    Since this error only effects us Windows users, and the "modifying zotero files" tutorial is for a Mac, can you give me a hint where to look for this itemPane.css file on Windows?
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<randomstring>\extensions\zotero@chnm.gmu.edu

We're working on a fixing a few more (Windows) bugs in RC1, and then we should be pushing a new version later today. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Thanks. I could have sworn I had already looked there :)

Incidentally, I must be missing something in the re.zip->.jar phase, because after editing it and rejarring, Firefox appeared to not be able to read any chrome info from Zotero. I kept a backup, though, so it's cool. I can just wait for the new version push.
  • Update to the problem: I can enter a date if I use the Tab key to get to it--otherwise, I can't do it if I scroll to the date field and try to enter data. I am running Windows XP and MS Word.
  • Fixed in RC2, now available.