Option to generate COinS, or use COinS without the presentational markup

I've expressed my dislike of the presentational markup used in the HTML mode before. What I do like about that mode is that it generates a COinS span. I often find myself in need of a COinS span. An option to generate one and copy it to clipboard would be absolutely beautiful. Or alternatively, the option to get a COinS span in HTML mode, but not the unnecessary div and p elements that we now get.
  • A workaround is to set Zotero's openURL resolver to http://generator.ocoins.info/ , which will generate COinS at a click of the Locate button. This still requires a couple of extra steps though, and since Zotero already includes the code to generate COinS it would be great if we could make better use of that functionality.
  • I second this suggestion.

If one can have Copy to clipboard as COinS

Use case scenario: In a course just recently we were asked to maintain Blogs on Blogger with reviews of articles we were given or new one we found. Lots of class mates just copied the stable URL in from say ProQuest. I made sure I grabbed the HTML get the SPAN tag and use that in my Blogger. Worked liked a charm and got praise for a very neat and tidy posting. And of course in Zotero the wonder little book icon appeared.