Tag issues

Two possible tag-related bugs:

1) When deleting a tag from the library, the tag doesn't disappear. Strangely, it does disappear after you rename the tag you've just tried to delete.

2) When adding a new tag to... e.g. a magazine article, that tag isn't immediately available for autocompletion afterwards. At first glance, such autocompletion would seem useless as one would not add the same tag to the article again. Yet, it's useful for precisely that reason: when adding a lot of tags to an article, and also adding a new tag to the library, autocompletion may remind you if the tag is already present in the database or not. Just a thought.
  • 1) When deleting a tag from the library, the tag doesn't disappear. Strangely, it does disappear after you rename the tag you've just tried to delete.
    Steps to reproduce?
    When adding a new tag to... e.g. a magazine article, that tag isn't immediately available for autocompletion afterwards.
    By design, autocomplete doesn't offer values that already exist on the item you're editing. Whether it should is debatable, but I don't quite understand your rationale.
  • Dan, in that case, forget about (2).

Steps to reproduce (1)

(1) Visit http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs
    (2) Hit "Create New Item from Current Page"
    (3) Click Tags tab
    (4) Click Add, enter "deleteme" (without the quotes)
    (5) Go to lower left tags pane, look up tag "deleteme"
    (6) Right-click this tag, and in the context menu, click "Delete Tag"
    (7) Click "OK"

The tag now turns from bold to gray, but doesn't disappear.

I am not able to reproduce the rename + subsequent vanishing.

So, is the tag not vanishing on delete expected behavior?

Note that I can repeat steps 6 & 7 ad infinitum.
  • Fixed in the latest dev build.