Sync: +1000 Conflict Resolution items, one-second mod date differences

Followup. I am now syncing my other local client with file syncing enabled. All goes beautifully; the hover status update (8Gb to upload) made me fear that everything was going to be duplicated but then I saw in the debug log that 99% of these uploads were skipped because mod times were identical (as expected, for I used to sync the storage folders on both ends with a separate file syncing tool).

However, I now get over 1000 items with 'conflict resolution'. It seems the common pattern is that the 'Date modified' is different by one second only. This sound suspiciously like a date calculation artifact on the part of either ZFS or my file system on either end. Whatever it is, it is going to take me a thousand clicks to get through — and that's where an "I trust you to make the decisions. Please choose version X in all cases" button would come in terribly handy.

N.B. 1000 attachments is about one third of the total number of attachments.
  • Weird. What OS and filesystem is this? The only thing I can think of is that this is a rounding issue from a filesystem that supports millisecond timestamps, whereas Zotero uses UNIX timestamps (i.e., seconds). Are they all off in the same direction?
  • Windows XP/NTFS on both sides. Saved on a network mounted server on one side and locally on the other side.

I find it also strange that the rounding error comes out in the Zotero Sync, for as I said I've been syncing these folders with a file syncing tool (SyncToy 2.1) for ages and I never saw anything like it.

Whether they're off in the same direction, good question. I think so, but I can't remember now, sorry.
  • Continued: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/10681/
This discussion has been closed.