Syncing error with new file sync features

I have just subscribed to zotero file syncing. Currently only utilized 101 out of 4g of memory however, i am encoutering the following problem. Would anyone be able to help ?

Unexpected status code 500 in Zotero.Sync.Storage.Session.ZFS._getFileUploadParameters()

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Unexpected status code 500 in Zotero.Sync.Storage.Session.ZFS._getFileUploadParameters()' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Unexpected status code 500 in Zotero.Sync.Storage.Session.ZFS._getFileUploadParameters()' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

Reporting ID 660859599
  • It looks like there's an issue with filenames containing certain characters that aren't being properly filtered. We'll look into it, but you should be able to work around this if you look for the item with the Date Added of "2009-09-21 08:47:30", click on the PDF attachment, click on the title of the attachment in the right-hand pane, and replace the first character in the filename with "{gamma}". (I'm actually able to save and upload a PDF with a gamma character in it, but it looks like there was a character set problem for you.) Make sure Rename Associated File is checked. You should also remove the asterisk, which also should've been filtered. After renaming the file, try syncing again.
  • Also, do you happen to remember how you got this PDF into Zotero? Did you save it from a site or drag it in from the filesystem? Does the first character appear correctly in Finder?
  • edited December 5, 2009
    Dear Dan, thank you.

The file was dragged into the file system. Yes, you are right it does not appear correctly (gamma).

After changing the character had another error,

[error output removed – D.S.]

Reporting ID : 84763895

Thank you for your help.
  • Are you sure renamed the filename as well as the attachment title? You appear to still be getting the same error with the same file.
  • You are right Dan, forgot to change actual file name and only the attachement title. It is now syncing beautifully.

Thanks a mil
This discussion has been closed.