[2.0b76] bug - fulscreen mode is not set after restart

I have firefox window maximized with zotero shown.
1) I maximize zotero - click Toggle fullscreen mode - it goes to whole window (fullscreen mode is set).
2) I hide zotero by clicking on statusbar icon.
3) I click on statusbar icon again to show zotero. It shows, but not it whole window (only from bottom to like 80% of height of the firefox window).
That's wrong IMHO, it should be the either fullscreen or of the size it's shown when run for the first time.
4) I click "Toggle fullscreen mode", it goes to not-fulscreen mode. Then I click "Toggle fullscreen mode" again and it goes to proper "fullscreen" mode.

I submitted report, the number is D76412647.

Sorry if it's duplication. I tried to search for similar report bug didn't find.
  • I have been seeing exactly this behavior for some time. Here's my debug: D701484256.
  • This is still happening for me, even though I switched to Linux, and my current setup has very little in common with my previous setup. I am now using Firefox 3.6 and Zotero 2.0 Final, and the Zotero panel still restored to only a partial window when I click on the icon in the status bar or use the keyboard shortcut to bring it up, when it had been in fullscreen mode.
    It comes up looking like this: http://www.gimranov.com/research/Restored.png
    That status should be impossible-- as you can see from the "full-screen/split-screen" icon, Zotero thinks that it is still in fullscreen mode, but it clearly isn't.

Is this really not the case for some other users? I have trouble believing that a bug could persist across Windows and Ubuntu and not be universal. The only somewhat abnormal thing in common between the setups is that both have a small screen size.

The clearly non-helpful debug output is D582920727.
  • I have this too. Completely different setup (XP). So it must be pretty common. However, I never noticed it before I read this because I would normally just toggle fullscreen on and off rather than toggling fullscreen on, then Zotero off.
  • Bug confirmed on Windows Vista SP2, Firefox 3.6, Zotero 2.0 final.

One thing I noticed, which may or may not be helpful, is that the title of the firefox window is not "Zotero" in the quasi-fullscreen restored state, so the part of the code which changes the title of the firefox window clearly doesn't think that Zotero is in fullscreen.
  • edited March 7, 2010
    I see this too, on an eeePC netbook running Ubuntu 8-something.
  • I'm using an eeePC as well. Might this really have to do with screen size? How about you, Bionatsci and anders_royce?
  • Netbook here too (MSI Wind). Will check my lab computer tomorrow. BTW, do you other small-screen people have popup's (like the Zotero preferences) that do not fit on screen?
  • anders_royce: Yes -- the general tab of the preferences doesn't fit for me either. I believe that that is a Mozilla bug, and that it has come up on the forums before, but I don't have a link handy.
  • I'm using an eeePC as well. Might this really have to do with screen size? How about you, Bionatsci and anders_royce?
    Sorry to put a dent in your theory but when I tested it I was using a 22" widescreen, connected to my laptop by DVI-D. When I get a chance I'll test it out on my 13.3" laptop screen.
  • Fixed in the latest dev build. Full-screen mode does not persist between restarts, but it'll now restore properly again.
  • Thanks! Looking forward to the next bugfix release.